Still No Air Conditioning
Ok, this is getting ridiculous. It's nearing the end of the workday and we still have no air conditioning. The temperature in our office is a sweltering 88.3 degrees Fahrenheit. No wonder people died so young long ago-- the heat must have killed them. I mean, 88 degrees isn't that hot, but when you're trapped in an office with no windows and no circulating air, it gets awfully stuffy.
I always wondered how women stayed cool back in the days before air conditioning, especially considering all the clothes they had to wear. We've resorted to wearing the least amount of clothing possible without getting fired or arrested-- but seriously, we could be naked and it would still be too dang hot in here.

4 Comments:
I know I've said that people dying from "heat" is a conspiracy by the media, but I'm beginning to change my mind...
It must be a conspiracy because the AC in my classroom does not work either. I am seriously going to kill someone. Just wait until I have 32 smelly, tenth graders in their!
Oh my gosh! Nothing smells worse than 9th graders, too. I always kept several cans of air freshener in my room, especially for when the end of the day rolled around. If you have a class during the last block and those kids have been playing, whether outside or in the gym, hold on to your hat, my friend.
I am so embarrased! I misused a commonly misused word! There not their . . .
Post a Comment
<< Home